Saturday, January 1, 2011

Selflessness

A couple weeks ago, my little Sara was fussing a lot. I knew it was time for her to eat, and I knew that the reason she was crying was because she was hungry. I tried to feed her, but she kept pushing herself away. Geez I was getting sooo frustrated! I knew what she needed, I knew what was best for her, but she wouldn't let me help her. So I told her, "Sara, I just wish you would let me help you, I know what's best for you! Please listen to mummy!"
I think that having a baby has been the most selfless thing I have ever done in my life. You have to give everything to your child...your body, your mind, your patience, your emotions, your love...your EVERYTHING. And it gets so frustrating when you're giving everything, and your child won't let you help them. They won't accept your everything. 
As I was sitting in my car thinking these things, I felt God speak to me. If I could have heard Him audibly, this is what I think He would have said, "Marcy, you are my child, and I give you my everything every day. I know what's best for you, and I always try to guide you and help you...but you don't always let me. I have been completely selfless in loving you, and I get frustrated when my children don't obey me." 
So I had this moment of understanding, and it reminded me to be obedient knowing that God is always selfless and always wants whats best for me. Now I just have to remember to obey, and trust, and remember that God loves me more than I could ever love my little Sara...who means the world to me.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written!!!!!! Loved reading this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had so many similar thoughts in the last three weeks since Jaden was born. He was being fussy tonight and I didn't know why, so I held him while I looked at updates on Facebook. That's when I came across your blog tonight. This blog brought tears to my eyes. I am overflowing with love for my baby boy, and this amazing love that a parent can have for a child has got me thinking often in the last couple of weeks about how much God loves his children. It has been an amazing experience.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. May God bless you as a mom!

    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete